Re: optics

As memory serves (my books are at home), "Optics" by Jenkins and White
(McGraw Hill) and Yariv's "laser (?Electronics?)", McGraw Hill have sections
on this. I also have some information in my note that I'd be happy to send
if you are interested.

I need some help, back in the days just after slide rulers my professor in
optics talked about using 2X2 matrix for doing ray tracing, does anyone
have that information and where can I find it. The reason that I ask is
the current generation of calculators do matrics easily and I thought that
it might be an interesting way to present optics

regards george marrash

* George Marrash Heaven help the man who is not *
* The McCallie School *
* 500 Dodds Ave. Scottish and hears the pipes. *
* Chattanooga, TN 37404 *
* gmarrash@truth.mccallie.chattanooga.tn.us *
* http://www.mccallie.org/gmarrash *
* (423) 493-5875 *