Re: Higher derivatives

What is the highest order derivitive which has physical significance?
(ex acelleration, a second order derivitive undoubtedly has significance.
jerk, a third order derivitive has debatable or only minor
significance, I am sure that the fouth order derivitive has been
named but I can think of no place where it is used.)

Physical significance is conferred; it is not intrinsic. Transportation
engineers (and straphangers) consider jerk to be quite significant. Do
you never ride the bus?

Leigh