Re: Re[2]: A Parents' Day gem

I agree with Nick that it is worth discussing Conceptual Physics courses.
Please do not limit this to a private (not phys-L) exchange of ideas. As
a teacher of Conceptual Physics I am constantly debating the issues and
would like to know what other phys-L-ers think about them. My position is
that Conceptual Physics is a cultural course for non-science majors. It is
like a music appreciation course for those who will never play or compose
anything.
ludwik kowalski