Dumb & Dumber

At 22:36 10/21/97 -0400, you wrote:
But in general there is almost no correlation between intellectual ability
and athletic or musical activity (or much of anything else, for that
matter, with the possible exception of the higher academic pursuits)....

Hugh Haskell <mailto://hhaskell@mindspring.com>

I hesitate to editorialize on this handsome and well-founded essay.

But not for long.
Hugh did not mention one intriguing factor. It is objective - and of
course it contradicts all the quaint "I say so, therefore it is..."
arguments I see here ( which reminds me of the profound insecurity of
listening to people outside their field....)

People have been puzzled for some years now by the apparent trend
in measures of general ability.
They appear to be rising, for no known reason.

Sincerely,
Brian
brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK