Re: Astronomy Texts

On Monday, Oct. 6, 1997 David Dockstader wrote:

Subject: Astronomy Texts

I know many of you teach Astronomy. I've seen a lot of discussion about
physics texts and I'm curious to learn what folks think about intro astronomy
texts.
[...]

You might want to look at:

"Abell's Exploration of the Universe" by Morrison, Wolff, and Fraknoi
(revised version of Abell's classic text), published by Saunders
College Publishing.

Also, you might look at "Voyages Through the Universe" by Fraknoi,
Morrison, and Wolff (Saunders College Publishing).

I found out about these this past summer, and I think that they are
worth looking at.

I hope this helps,
Steven Ratliff

Steven T. Ratliff