Re: Einstein and more

I have heard (and I can't back it up with citations) that:

(1) Newton was kicked out of his house at around age 2 by his
stepfather.
(2) Copernicus was kidnapped by his uncle.
(3) Tycho Brahe was a frustrated mystic.
(4) Kepler suffered from boils, piles, and low self-esteem. His
grandmother was burned as a witch, his mother was tried for witchcraft,
and his father was a mercenary. And when Tycho died Kepler stole all his
data.
(5) Galileo lived in sin.
(6) Einstein was a womanizer.
(7) R. Oppenheimer was a Commie sympathizer.
(8) Teller ratted on Oppenheimer. (By the way he now espouses the same
philosophy of disclosure that Oppie did - I have it on tape.)

All are anecdotals but they make me wonder if there is any hope for us
near normals?

Again I ask...do we discard the message because of the messenger?

: ) :) :)

Ray Rogoway
Independence High School
San Jose, CA