Re: Einstein and more

brian
Galileo's oppressors were not simply churchmen; they were people very like
you and ..er.. me.

It is interesting that you comment on Galileo, as he did not marry
the mother of his children. Scientist as well as most of the rest of the
human race are not without sin. But does that mean that we ignore what he says?
Along this line I am reminded of a quote from Aldous Huxley on Newton:

"If we evolved a race of Isaac Newtons, that would not be progress. For
the price Newton had to pay for being a supreme intellect was that he was
incapable of friendship, love, fatherhood, and many other desirable things.
As a man he was a failure; as a monster he was superb."

Although you may discount Huxley for his life style, his observation
of Newton are consistent with our knowledge of Isaac. We all pay a price of
the compromises we have to make to survive this life.

Gary
Gary Karshner

St. Mary's University
San Antonio, Texas