Re: Thermal Physics examples

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for here, so let me mention
several ideas and perhaps one of them might be helpful.

1. Get the Kittel and Kroemer solutions manual. It is quite good.
I taught out of K+K for two years without this manual, and basically
I assigned the problems that were easy enough that I could do them
myself. Had I had the solution manual I would have understood a
lot more of the problems and I could have worked some of them in
class.

2. Look at other textbooks. Even though they are all superficially
quite different from K+K, at a deeper level there's much less
difference. The ones I keep handy are Reif, Mandl, Stowe (though
beware of his incorrect interpretation of chemical potential),
Callen, Sears+Salinger, Zemansky+Dittman. Each has its strengths.
Stowe's book has lots of very easy problems.

3. Request a copy of the book I'm writing. As soon as a new edition
is available I'll post a message here with details. If you can't
wait a few weeks, e-mail me privately and I'll tell you the status.

Best wishes,

Dan Schroeder
Weber State University
dschroeder@cc.weber.edu