what about the Calorie? WAS:Re: Stop using calories?

I'm not sure to see all the problems
the name 'calorie' introduces as many point out here.

(At this moment I can't remenber what impression did
I get the firsttime I came across the calorie...
I think I always had in mind the warming
up of some can full of watter, or something like that.
Indeed, probably it shared some common difficulty
with the concept of energy.)

Probably I haven't paid enough attention, sorry.
But, and trying to drive the thread back to my original
worries, do you thing we should abandon the
'Calorie' (food calorie) ? before anything at all,
shouldn't this be dropped first? isn't it somehow
silly (pardon) to duplicate the names (Kcal & Cal) ?

Regards,
M.A.Santos
msantos@etse.urv.es