Destroying radioactive atoms

On Fri, 29 Aug 1997 "JACK L. URETSKY <JLU@hep.anl.gov> passed to us this:

Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 From: whatsnew@aps.org (What's New)
WHAT'S NEW Robert L. Park Friday, 29 Aug 97 Washington, DC

2. INFINITE ENERGY: JAPAN THROWS COLD WATER ON COLD FUSION.
Japan continued to buy cold-fusion lottery tickets long after the rest
of the world had sworn off. However, the Ministry of International Trade
and Industry (MITI) announced Monday that the odds no longer justify even
a small program. [According to] Eugene Mallove, the editor of Infinite
Energy Magazine, [the good news was that] the discovery that cold fusion
also neutralizes radioactivity (WN 13 Jun 97).

Having no access to What's New I would appreciate if somebody could send
me a copy of the article about neutralization of radioactivity. I am
preparing the AAPT presentation (New Orlean, January 1998) on reactor-
accelerator systems for destroying highly radioactive nuclear waste (spent
reactor fuel). I learned about this emerging technology (?) while on
sabbatical in France, two years ago. And I keep my eyes open on anything
related with this subject (large scale neutron induced transmutations).
The "cold fusion effect" can possibly be a good introductory joke on the
subject.
Ludwik Kowalski