Re: Lecture/lab mix research results

At 09:38 AM 8/7/97 -0400, Martha Takats wrote:
This question is for Bob Beichner, but I'm sure others are interested
also: How does your combined lecture/lab course differ from Workshop
Physics? Is the approach different? or is it primarily content and
emphasis?

I'll jump in, just since Bob hasn't yet replied.

Our course differs from Workshop Physics in that there ARE some lectures,
but most are fairly short, and are certainly of a highly interactive style.
Workshop Physics is essentially without lectures.

Also, our course was originally an integrated, now a coordinated,
curriculum that includes chemistry, physics, calculus and engineering.

You can get a newsletter and a couple of conference papers on the course at

http://www2.ncsu.edu/ncsu/pams/physics/PCEP/impec/visitors1.html

and the basic home page for the course is

http://www2.ncsu.edu/ncsu/pams/physics/PCEP/impec/impechome.html

JEG

John E. Gastineau gastineau@mindspring.com <-- NEW
900 B Ridgeway Ave. www.mindspring.com/~gastineau KC8IEW