Re: Hot vs. Cold

At 13:15 8/5/97 +0000, you wrote:
Yep, we tend to preferentially pull the other leg, too.

Incidentally, water-down-the-plug-hole going in the opposite
sense depending on which hemisphere you are in seems to be a bit of
an urban (or bathroom?) myth too. Apparently, in practice,
boundary effects and initial conditions generally count
for a lot more than the coriolis effect on such a small area of
water.

Antipodeanly yours
Margaret Mazzolini

And I thought all it took to demonstrate the effect was a 10000 gallon
container with good axial symmetry in a temperature controlled room with
all drafts suppressed, left to still for several days, with a no-swirl
drain plug method.
The disappointment of it all....

Regards
brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>