Re: inertia of 'electron stuff'

At 11:43 8/1/97 -0700, you wrote:
If one believes Einstein's principle of equivalence it may be
appropriate to look at what gravity does to electrons....

Thus there is a steady electrical potential difference between
the upper and lower ends of a vertical copper wire at any
temperature, and you now have enough information to calculate it.
By the principle of equivalence this is the same potential one
would have on a vertical copper wire accelerating at one gee in
zero gravity.

Leigh

It appears to me that if we appeal to the principle of equivalence,
one may dispense with the copper tube, for the electric field
is associated with the 'one gee' acceleration, no matter what!

You now have enough information to formulate yet another of those
General Relativity experimental verifications.

Regards

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK