Re: CONSERVATION OF ENERGY

Hi!
In line with the opinion that we need two different words for
"making the temperature rise",depending on the fact that there are
bodies of different temperature present or not, which leads to carefully
distinguish "warming" from "heating", I see the great necessity to find
a new word to also distinguish "cooling" (when differenet temperature
bodies are in contact) from the situation when this is not the case
(for example the adiabatic expansion of a gas).
On this subject, I wonder how people would explain the following
two processes:
a) I have two containers, A and B, joined by a tube with a valve.
A is empty (vacuum), while B contains air at normal pressure. I open
the valve, so that the air also gets into A without producing any work.
b) In a container (usually a cylinder with a piston) I have a
mixture of air and gasoline vapor. I ignite it via a spark plug and
the temperature rises.
Regards Emilio