Re: CONSERVATION OF ENERGY

At 16:01 7/15/97 -0700, Leigh wrote:
*I* have a difficulty? The impediment, Sir, is on the other foot!
I offer you one block of iron at zero pressure and absolute zero.
Most of us here will believe that the energy of this system is
given by E=mc^2, a traditional form. Now, please get some work
out of it.

Leigh

The answer is so obvious as to be trivial.
I arbitrarily choose Fe59 and capture the beta minus
with 45 day half life.

The thermodynamic efficiency of the sink promises a
very high conversion to work.

Regards

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK