From: Kathryn Twombly <KATHT@jbpub.com>
To: George Spagna <gspagna@rmc.edu>
Subject: Per our conversation re: web contributor
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 14:12:17 -0400

Dear Professor Spagna:

Thank you for taking a few moments to speak with me this morning
on the phone, and your offer of assistance- I appreciate it very much.

As I mentioned this morning, I am looking for a professor or
graduate student who would be interested in contributing some web
materials over the next several weeks (compensated), to an introductory,
1-semester Astronomy text. The text in question is In Quest of the
Universe by Karl Kuhn, 2/ed., which my company recently acquired. Below
is a description of the work in question.

More than one person may work on this, if 2 persons wished to
split the work, one taking the Starlinks, and one taking the
end-of-chapter exercises. I would appreciate it if you could copy me on
your email, or otherwise let me know that you have forwarded this
message. I can be reached by phone at: 508-443-5000 x8138, and email
at: katht@jbpub.com (contact info below as well). Please feel free to
call or email me at any time.

Sincerely,

Kathryn Twombly
Project Editor
_______________________
Starlinks Web sites which the students will access for recently updated
and/or additional material related to that covered in the chapter.
There will be 2-4 web sites per chapter, the topics will be provided by
the author.
The information that will be needed is: a Web Site title and URL, and a
brief description of the site, to put it in context so the student will
know why they are going to it.

End of Chapter Questions/Exercises to be used as homework assignments.
The information that will be needed are 2 web sites per chapter with
questions and/or net activities, that the instructor can require as
homework. Requested from the contributor will be the Web Site URL,
description of the question or exercise, question/exercise, screen shot
of the site's homepage, and the webmaster's address (for permissions
requests). Also, the contributor will be requested to Star* exercises
he/she thinks might be valuable on a CD- we would like to capture some
screen images and put them on a CD, so the instructor can give an
example(s) in class, and be assured the information will be there.

Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc.
40 Tall Pine Drive
Sudbury, MA 01776
P: 508-443-5000 x8138
F: 508-443-8000
EM: katht@jbpub.com
http://www.jbpub.com

Department of Physics * *
Randolph-Macon College * "A clash of doctrines *
P.O. Box 5005 * is not a disaster, *
Ashland, VA 23005-5505 * it is an opportunity." *
* *
phone: (804) 752-7344 * - Alfred North Whitehead *
FAX: (804) 752-4724 * *
http://www.rmc.edu/~gspagna/gspagna.html