Re: Junk Mail

At 12:51 PM 7/8/97 EST, Paul wrote:
If you are getting unwanted mail, one thing you could always do is
send a message to postmaster@whatever.domain.name.it.came.from and
complain. Most, if not all, ISP's have a policy against unsolicited
junk email (i.e. spam) and can be persuaded to terminate the offending
account.

And others have responded likewise privately -- I am relatively ignorant
about this activity, but I don't think you all understand what is happening:
Yes it used to be that someone from a private account on an ISP could do
this and the ISP didn't know. But the msgs *I* am now getting are coming
from people who have set themselves up as mass mailers -- there is no use
telling *them* that I am bugged -- it is their *business* to do this.
Sending a msg to postmaster@their.domain.com won't work -- "postmaster" *is*
them!!!

Any other ideas???
Jim Green
JMGreen@sisna.com

what about sending them that stuff back? that's what one is told to do
with all that unwanted commercial mail one usually get from companies
you even didn't know before that they exist.
this may be a clear message for them.

or what about making a script (apple) that automatically sends them back
N copies their mail?

M.A.Santos
msantos@etse.urv.es