Re: Junk Mail

If you are getting unwanted mail, one thing you could always do is
send a message to postmaster@whatever.domain.name.it.came.from and
complain. Yes it used to be that someone from a private account on an
ISP could
do this and the ISP didn't know. But the msgs *I* am now getting are
coming from people who have set themselves up as mass mailers -- there
is no
use telling *them* that I am bugged -- it is their *business* to do
this.
Sending a msg to postmaster@their.domain.com won't work --
"postmaster" *is* them!!! Any other ideas???

Jim Green

Be innovative! A few years ago Sears Roebuck sent me a bill for a few
hundred dollars for something that I ordered but was never delivered. My
nice letters of reply were completely ignored. For the next several
months their bills kept coming with added penalties for not paying on
time. All my additional letters of explanation were ignored. Finally, I
had a bright idea. I sent them a check for $00.00 and marked it "payment
in full" . This jammed their computers, someone from Sears telephoned
me, and it was cleared up in a few minutes.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where our letters written to computers often go unanswered)