RE: "strangeness" quote

At 12:07 6/20/97 PDT, Margaret Clarke wrote:

"The universe is not only queerer than we imagine, it is queerer than we can
imagine." (always good for an adolescent classroom snicker)

and I believe it is Arthur Stanley Eddington.

My modest dictionary of quotes could not confirm it.
On circumstantial grounds, the attribution is not unreasonable.

Eddington's undergraduate days were at Manchester, where the
following dialect expression flourishes:
"There's nowt so queer as folk..."

Regards
brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK