AAPT Summer meeting in Denver

Hi, colleagues,

I thought I'd share the information that May 30 is the last day to register
for the AAPT Summer meeting in Denver at the lowest registration fee of
$90. After that date it goes up to $110 until July 18, then up to $140.

The meeting is Aug. 11 - 16 (Monday - Saturday).

If you are interested in including environmental issues in physics courses,
a good session with that title will be held on Saturday morning, Aug. 16.
Invited speakers (speaking late in the morning) are:
- Al Bartlett, from the U of Colorado (giving a new talk on population),
and these high school teachers:
- Fred Carrington (wilderness: Fred takes his physics students into the
wilderness and applies physics to survival there and teaches appreciation
),
- Art Eisenkraft (useful electrical devices for homes in third world
countries, in the Active Physics curriculum).

The AAPT Winter meeting is in New Orleans from Jan. 3 - 8. Next summer the
meeting is at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff (where housing is
considerably cheaper than at Denver) or the University of Nebraska at
Lincoln.

Cheers,
Jane

Jane Jackson, Prof. of Physics, Scottsdale Comm.College (on leave)
Box 871504, Dept. of Physics, Arizona State Univ., Tempe, AZ 85287-1504.
phone:(602) 965-8438 fax: 965-7331 e-mail: jane.jackson@asu.edu
Modeling Workshop Project: http://modeling.la.asu.edu/modeling.html