Re: Speed of Light With a Microwave

I have a more fundamental question: Is the Klystron in a MW oven a
single-frequency device? If so, is it reasonable that the cavity size of
the oven is such that standing waves will be set up for this frequency?

Yes. I don't recall the frequency (2.45 GHz comes to mind) but it is
certainly not reasonable to expect that the standing wave pattern in
the cavity will have antinode spacings separated by the same distances
as those in a propagating wave!

I think TPT could use a referee system with some benefit.

Leigh