RE: Explaining QM to the layperson

By far the best low tech presentation of Bell's theorem and
associated experiments that I have run across is in David Mermin's
book Boojums All The Way Through. Plus you get the joy of reading the
title essay which is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
Mermin describes (but doesn't show the guts of) a Bell's Theorem
demonstrator device. It is a pretty simple circuit, though, and the
techies at my old grad school built one several years ago. Mermin's
basic point about Bell's theorem is that it is telling you that you
don't get to make predictions based on things that might have
happened but didn't.

How does the results of Bell's Theorem and the results of experiments
concerning this theorem fit into this interpretation of the mathematical
formalism?

Tom K. McCarthy Email:mcca6300@spacelink.msfc.nasa.gov

Paul J. Camp "The Beauty of the Universe
Assistant Professor of Physics consists not only of unity
Coastal Carolina University in variety but also of
Conway, SC 29528 variety in unity.
pjcamp@coastal.edu --Umberto Eco
pjcamp@postoffice.worldnet.att.net The Name of the Rose
(803)349-2227