Re: Contour maps, etc.

Sorry, the contour plot for the data that you have listed is a single flat
surface at Z=10 --- the iso-Z curve is completely undetermined.

If you want to know how to properly do a contour plot, check out the
description given by Wolfram's people in their Mathematica guide, or in
the MAPLE User's Guide, in an old document from IBM called on its SSP
(Scientific Subroutine Package), the User's Ref. Man. from DEC on it's
RGLFEP (REGIS Graphic Library - FORTRAN Enhancement Package), etc.

They all describe two versions (one quick & easy / another slower and more
involved). In the first case, simple bubble sorting routines are used to
"pre-condition" the array of date triplets so that a "connect the dots"
routine can draw the contours. The "3-color conjecture" technique is used
to try to make sure that there are no crossing lines of iso-Z. The next
method actually tries to interpolate and thereby smooth the iso-Z contours
using predictor-corrector like methods which try an approximate a set of
iso-Z contours, check for self consistency, then correct and iterate.