Re: Physics Club?

On Fri, 2 May 1997, kyle forinash wrote:

Hi;

At our semi-anual Physics Fluid Seminar (students join me and some faculty
at a local restaurant to consume their favorite fluid) several students
asked about starting a physics club. This was surprising to me (we only
offer intro courses in physics- I am the only full time person) but I
agreed to look into it. I know there is (or was) a national group; 1) can
someone supply me with a contact person and 2) what activities have you
found successful for such a group? I'm particularly interested in
interesting activities because I don't want to overlap too much with what
the chemistry club here does and they are very active.

Thanks
kyle

Kyle,
There is the Society of Physics Students (American Institute of Physics).
Check the web page:

http://www.aip.org/education/sps/sps.htm

* bob muir voice: (910) 334-5669 *
* physics & astron. e-mail: bob_muir@uncg.edu *