More on Polar Bears

I mentioned the ongoing thread on Polar Bears to my brother in Alaska (and
the possibilty of a new or third kind of charge) here is his response:

Dear Ishmael,

Obviously the third kind of charge is the 'Bear Charge'. This
phenomenon is known to outdoor enthusiasts throughout bear country in
North America. The exact nature of the Bear Charge, however, is not so
well known. I believe that Northwest Alaska would be a prime location
in which to experiment with this phenomenon. In fact, a former
employee here was doing some research on this subject in the evening
hours. However, he was getting too emotional about his work and left
just as it seemed he was really getting close to some answers.
Actually, this seems to be the case for many researchers in the Bear
Charge field. They just don't seem to last.

So, it would seem that this area of research is certainly a worthy
subject for an astute physicist such as yourself to carry on further
study. Of course I would like to asist you, but with my lack of
training I'm afraid I couldn't be of much help. Indeed, I believe I
did encounter a Bear Charge once, but in my ignorance I thought I was
about to be eaten by a large furry mammal. Perhaps the presence of such
large amounts of energy being emitted as a Bear Charge so close to me
affected my mind in some way, altering my thoughts. I don't know.
However, with your greater knowledge I'm sure such an encounter could
be fruitful, if not downright exciting.

Yours truly,
Quiqweg

Jeff Collier