----------
From: Igal Galili <igal@vms.huji.ac.il>

Well, I do believe that you have no problem in this point, but I
bet, many of your students do (let's say it in other way: my students
always had ;-) and others too, as it can be seen from research reports).
And if the ONLY way to know that you "have weight" is to successfully
grasp
sombody's CLAIM supported with NO local measurament, you might find
yourself in a striking contradiction with the fundamentals of our
discipline.