Re: Capacitor or condenser ?

My long-time mechanic (now retired) once replaced the
points and "condensor" in my old auto, and casually remarked "Actually,
you know, condensors are really nothing but capacitors." And he'd diagnose
engine problems by putting a metal rod against the running engine...

He sounds like a gem. I had a mechanic like that, too, when I first moved
to Canada. I was about to replace my starter motor with a rebuilt when he
suggested we look at the old one to see if it could be fixed. He claeaned
the commutator (that was all it needed) and then tested the windings,
explaining to me *clearly* exactly what he was doing and how. He saved me
the bike ride downtown and the price of the exchange starter motor. Of
course he retired soon afterward.

By the way, Click and Clack have degrees in electrical engineering from
MIT. It shows when they talk. They are *good*! I especially enjoy their
choice of legal advisors, Dewey, Cheatham & Howe.

Leigh