Re: Work/Energy theorem ?

John wrote:
* * *
.. . . It is *not* merely a mathematical game when we do physics from
the moving frame of the car and it is no more of a mathematical game when
we do physics from the "accelerating frame" of the train.
.. . .
A. John Mallinckrodt email: mallinckrodt@csupomona.edu
* * *

John,
You keep talking around my question. If you can "do physics" from the
"accelerating frame" then you must identify gravitational SOURCES which are
synchronized to the engineer's actions. DO it!
(It can be made to work - it all depends on how "wierd" you are willing to
get!) Let's have your model.

Bob Sciamanda sciamanda@edinboro.edu
Dept of Physics
Edinboro Univ of PA http://www.edinboro.edu/~sciamanda/home.html