Re: Easter egg desnity...

Dwight K. Souder wrote on Mon, 31 Mar 1997 16:09:55 EST :

Why is it one way you can tell the difference between a
hard-boiled and uncooked eggs is by placing them water. One would float
and the other would sink. Since the yolk is in a shell, I assume there

Are you sure? When I place eggs into water I do it to determine
which one is older - the air bladder at the thick end grows and
so an old egg will finally swim while a fresh one might hardly
elevate its thick end at all.
My method to distinguish between raw and cooked eggs is the
"twist". Lay them on a plate and give the a good twist like a
whip-top - you will *see* the difference!

Bye, bye
Guntbert
+please correct me, if I misuse some technical terms+
Mag. Guntbert Reiter, Graz, Austria
teacher for physics, mathematics and computer science
e-mail : guntbert@cut.big.ac.at