From: LUDWIK KOWALSKI <kowalskil@alpha.montclair.edu>
To: phys-l@atlantis.cc.uwf.edu
Subject: Re: How many volts ?
Date: Friday, March 28, 1997 3:27 AM

I will be happy to give up if somebody can demonstrate that the picture
described below (with field lines LOCALLY perpendicular to each metallic
disk) is not compatible with an accepted law or principle. Perhaps there
is
a law which prevents lines from "bending and unbending" but I do not
recall
it. In the same spirit I wander if Maxwell's laws can be used to
demonstrate,
somehow, that each static line must be confined to a single plane. Call
such
rules "Faraday's no-bending and no-twisting principle", if you wish. This

is not a call for a demonstration; only for an honest statement that it
exists, or can be performed.