ap exam review

structure a review of the material. I have 3 weeks prior to the exam
blocked out for review, but I would really like some advice as to how to
get the most done during this time without trying to rehash an entire year
of information in 3 weeks. Any and all suggestions would be welcomed and

Kathy,
In review for the Physics AP I found that emphasis should be on
clearly solving free reponse problems taht have concepts across several
units. The students getting IMMEDIATE (in class grading) feedback was needed.
Rory Dickens in Jacksonsville a number of years ago indicated that
he did not let students take notes while reviewing solutions with the
students. He had them think, look & ask questions about the solutions he
reviewed on the overhead...no note taking allowed! (He did supply copies
of the overhead to students after the day's session were over). I remember
being quite skeptical but implemented this idea anyways (he was the master
AP teacher).....and saw an immediate jump (30% more 3 and above) in scores
that year. Likely it had to do with the teacher being better prepared
too but it was an eye opener....
Driving a truck is not nearly as exciting.

Tim
High School Physics Truck Driver

--
Tim Burgess Alabama Science in Motion
102 Espejo Street Physics Department - ILB-35

Kathy Daniel > Oakland High School
865 Patriot Drive
Murfreesboro, TN 37130
(615) 890-5920