Re: More ? Computational Physics

I agree that a computer simulation is no substitue for a real lab
experience. The suggestion for a computational physics course was
to create models. This creation is an entirely different kettle of
fish (or learning experience). To create a model one MUST know the
physics of the situation. One must know the approximations which can
and should be made. When the model does not work like you expect
( believe me it will not) the learning experience of finding out
why your expectations were not met is tremendous.