Re: Computational Physics

We SHOULD stick to critical conceptual language issues like work, force,
heat and energy in their appropriate contexts, and not alienate
nonmembers of the physics community by picking egregious and patently
unwinnable battles. We have enough image problems in society without
exacerbating the situation with trifles in this fashion.

Scientists who are aware of correct meanings should not gratuitously
subvert scientific terminology. They may be misunderstood by other
scientists. What I advocated was not calling the class a "lab" since
it is to be designated as something by the physics teacher. Calling
it "physics shop" would be better in my view, though I'm sure that a
better name could emerge if some thought were put into the thing.

Leigh