Re: Overhead View Screens

John,

....where do I buy one? What brand name? How many lumens? I note that
most of the TFT all-in-one projectors come in around 500-700 lumens. An
ordinary overhead provides 2000 lumens, a high-intensity overhead provides
3000-4500 lumens. Then the inverse square law bites you as you move away.

Seriously, who makes these DLP thingies? We're going to build 3 labs here
and require projection technology for them that I don't think has been
invented yet. I'd be delighted to be wrong; it's my usual state :^).

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern AZ Univ
danmac@nau.edu http://www.phy.nau.edu/~danmac/homepage.html

Having said all this, the only really satisfactory projection
solution for me is a very expensive, very bright reflection-based
DLP projector (as opposed to LCD transmission) that give a
knock-your-eyes-out bright image so that you don't have to dim the
room. A darkened room is death to effective teaching.

These things are in the 8 to 10k range, I believe.

JEG

--
John E. Gastineau (304) 296-1966
900 B Ridgeway Ave. gastineau@badgerden.com