Re: MHO to Siemens

It was stated that we (the engineering community) felt that they had
positioned themselves for ridicule for a long time by using such a "cute
and frivolous" name for the unit of reciprocal resistance (1/OHM = MHO).
Further, the use of the inverted upper case omega to symbolically
represent the unit just exacerbated the problem.

Editorial comments:

I always thought that "flipping up-side-down" the upper case omega had
both a certain symmetry and was almost visually demanded given that the
unit is the reciprocal of the upper case omega.
/ Prof. John P. Ertel \

Plus, if you put wheels on the bottom it looks like a mhotercycle.

Paul J. Camp "The Beauty of the Universe
Assistant Professor of Physics consists not only of unity
Coastal Carolina University in variety but also of
Conway, SC 29528 variety in unity.
pjcamp@coastal.edu --Umberto Eco
pjcamp@postoffice.worldnet.att.net The Name of the Rose
(803)349-2227