Re: Kraft

Can someone please give the transliteration of the german word

Kraft

together with some possible connotations.

Jim Green

direct translation = Force

adjective "kraeftig" = strong

As always, any other possible connotation will strongly
depend on the context wherein the word appears.

M.A. Santos

My dictionary also mentions "power", as a second synonym, and
"energy", as a meaning for "Kraft" in physics (!). It is natural to have
such a mixture of meanings in language though it is totally unacceptable
today in physics. But look at the free use of these notions by Galileo.
And I would, of course, ask our colleague Hans Niedderer
(niedderer@physik.uni-bremen.de) from the University of Bremen.

Igal.