Re: Computers

I sometimes feel left out with a Mac. There is no challege to using any of
these things. No tales of harrowing trouble-shooting to share. Plug and
play.

In the interest of full disclosure It should be acknowledged that
Macintoshes cost a nonnegligible amount more new than PCs of
apparently comparable power. There are no low end clones available.
The original questioner stated that new purchase price was an
important consideration, and that rules new Macintoshes right out.

On the other hand, Macintoshes are often the choice of yuppies who
can afford them, and they tend to turn them over when the newer,
faster models come out (you can't surf with Netscape 3.0 Gold on
an old Mac). Used Macs can be quite cheap.

Chip is correct; there are far fewer ways to get into trouble with
a Mac, but that is because it is more difficult to get it to do
nonstandard things. Once you do get into it, however, there is
nothing you can't do with a Mac that you can do with a PC. The
Code Warrior Integrated Development Environment is the nicest,
friendliest programming environment I have ever seen. Windows 95
may, indeed, be almost as good as the Macintosh Operating System,
as PCers tell me, but so is the Mac OS, I'm sure!

As a superannuated yuppie I will quite happily remain, like Chip,
left out, so long as I can be left out with my Power Macintosh and
large screen monitor!

Leigh