Re: Programmable Calculator Policies

After further thought I am sttarting to realize that the problem is not with
a certian type of calculator or even a new piece of software, but rather
with the idea that perhaps we need to reevaluate how we are teaching in
light of the new tools that students have, instead of trying beat the tools.
I think a piece of software like mathcad of mathmatica will allow use to
teach the core ideas at a much earlier age and make absrtact principles more
concrete, which would hopefully translate into better learning.

In short I am saying the we may need to incorperate new tools.

regards george marrash