Re: What is a .pds file?

Well maybe, but if they are really POSTERS for astronomical stuff AT ASU
then then are more likely to be PRINT SHOP DELUXE project files.

----------
From: Paul Camp <pjcamp@coastal.edu>
To: phys-l@atlantis.cc.uwf.edu
Subject: Re: What is a .pds file?
Date: Friday, February 21, 1997 12:57 PM

Late breaking news . . .

PDS stands for Planetary Data System and is a NASA format for storing
astronomical images. Some information (this info comes from a
magical, if rudimentary, web site at
http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/hypertext/faq/usenet/graphics/fileformat
s-faq/top.html):

...sorry to go off-topic, but I need a speedy answer to a DOS-style
question that the local DOS/Wintel people don't recognize.

We have a number of graphic files (posters for astronomical happenings)
on
DoS/Windows 3.1 files that end in the .pds extension. What program
opens
.pds files?