borrowing from tomorrow

On February 18 Mark Shapiro wrote:

While this may not square with someone's "ideal" for teaching, it happens
to be the ugly truth, and since physics is an experimental science they
might as well get a feel for how one maintains the basic units experimentally.

In this pedagogical discussion of Coulomb's law, the word "ideal" refers
to the way of teaching in which we stop explaining something today in terms
of what will be explained tomorrow. In my opinion that kind of teaching is
avoidable. The "ugly truth" was imposed on us by the SI (which was a big step
forward with respect to the old CGSE/CGSM mixture). By accepting SI we have
only one way of "not borrowing from tomorrow". We must start introducing
"electricity in motion" first and "electricity at rest" second. Ampere first,
coulomb second. What is wrong with this slogan?

Ludwik Kowalski