Re: e-field software?

Physics Academic Software's EM Field program is pretty good at
drawing E and B field lines and I believe it comes on both platforms.
It is not, however, free or even cheap -- $140/copy.

Today in lecture someone asked me to draw a few more magnetic field
lines on the diagram I was making (two wires carrying parallel
currents coming straight out at you). I was sufficiently unconfident
of my ability to produce such a drawing without seriously
misleading them that I declined to do so, stating that reason. What
is needed, of course, is a program which will allow one to draw many
more field lines than are usually drawn in the figures that appear
in textbooks.

Leigh

Paul J. Camp "The Beauty of the Universe
Assistant Professor of Physics consists not only of unity
Coastal Carolina University in variety but also of
Conway, SC 29528 variety in unity.
pjcamp@coastal.edu --Umberto Eco
pjcamp@postoffice.worldnet.att.net The Name of the Rose
(803)349-2227