Re: EM fields of human body

Dear Beth,

Regarding your question about physicists who study electric and magnetic
fields in humans and other animals: when I was an undergraduate student, I
worked for a physics prof at Vanderbilt University whose main research was on
biophysical magnetic fields. I know that he has measured and modelled the fields
of various human nerves, human heart and the nerves of various animals. I
haven't kept up much with him in the last eight years, but I am pretty sure that
he is still actively working in those areas. You might want to write to him for
information. His name is John Wikswo, his email (according to my APS membership
directory) is wikswojp@ctrvax.vanderbilt.edu .

Jonathan Bennett

I'm trying to locate any research done by physicists on the
electric and magnetic fields of the human body (or of other
animals). I'm interested in the type of research that is
discussed in the book The Body Electric by Robert Becker. I
know there has been a fair amount of research done in
various branches of the health sciences and possibly by
biologists, but are there any physicists involved? Can
anyone point me in the right direction?

Beth

thackerb@gvsu.edu