VOYAGER II info

Hi Physics Phriends,

Many of you have expressed interest in my Hale-Bopp comet files and my Mars
retrograde motion files but knew nothing about the Voyager II astronomy
program and, thus, have requested information about the program itself.

You can answer all your questions by contacting the following webpage:

http://www.Carinasoft.com

I found out about the webpage by calling Carina Software (12919 Alcosta
Blvd., Suite #7, San Ramon, CA 94583) at (510) 355-1266

The cost of the program is $120. Unfortunately, they do not offer a
limited time shareware version for you to try out. All the teachers here
at Deerfield H.S. like the program but have nothing to compare it with YET.

Leigh Palmer has sent me the following info:

Dear David,

If you like Voyager II, you should try Starry Night. SN only runs
effectively on a Power Mac if you want to use it interactively,
but movies can be made which run fast during class. If you have a
Power Mac you'll give up Voyager II completely; if you have just
the Mac IIsi you will want SN for the sheer beauty of its
simulations. It also does Earth satellites and puts realistic
tails on comets. If you would like a movie (and you have the
space to put one on your hard disk) I'll be glad to make one for
you and send it along. Just let me know your longitude and
latitude and the time of evening you'd like to see, and between
which dates. The movie I send you will be compressed (Stuffited)
but it gets quite large when unstuffed.

If you haven't lots of extra space I recommend you download the
shareware version of SN from Sienna Software's site.

Leigh

and

Thanks for the info Leigh. Do you have a web site address for Sienna
Software? Otherwise I'll give them a call or just do a search. We've got
some Power Macs in the computer room and I know the kids will love playing
with the program.

http://www.siennasoft.com/

The application must be registered within thirty days (I think) on any
one machine or it begins to put requests for shareware payments in the
sky. The deluxe version is cheap. If you like the look you should buy it.

Leigh

I went to our computer room to contact Sienna Software and download their
shareware on one the Power Macs there but, of course, it can't be done
because every computer there is protected by that "gosh-darned" MENU MASTER
MAC, which we science teachers find very frustating and limiting. So I
guess I'll try it on my Mac IIsi here in my room.

Otherstuff which may be of interest.

The student who put the Einstein domino picture on his homepage is now
trying to put the Voyager II files on his homepage so that you can download
them from there. Apparently he's having some IBM/Mac compatability
problems but if they can be solved, this A+ student from China can do it.

The girl typing up the Einstein domino mapping for me to post is almost done.

Bye, DiRT

David R. Thiessen FUN + PHYSICS = PHUN
Science Department PHYSICS IS PHUN !!
Deerfield High School
1959 North Waukegan Road Education increases your freedom
Deerfield, IL 60015 Because It Increases Your Options !!
Home phone (815) 337-2883
School phone (708) 405-8488 Education will enrich your life
Voice Mail (708) 374-3811 then *610 Even if it doesn't enhance your income !!
School Fax (708) 945-0970
Remember when students brought teachers
Apples instead of driving them bananas ??

dthiessn@nslsilus.org (Quote sources long forgotten)