a new nuclear option?

If you are interested in nuclear incinerators, and in blueprints for
a new breed of reactors, you can learn about these things from a very
comprehensive article now accessible from my home page on the web:

hhtp://www.csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski

You will see a draft of a manuscript written with my two French coauthors,
Sylvie Leray and David Whittal. Unlike myself, these people are full time
nuclear researchers. They were my teachers while I was on sabbatical in
Saclay, France, last year. I would like to hear what you think about our
attempt to describe this emerging technology to educated citizens. Both
negative and positive comments will be appreciated. I am trying to find a
publisher for this manuscript; this is not easy. Any suggestions?

A very diferrent short article, on the same topic, was just accepted by
The Physics Teacher. It has two suggestions on how the topic can be used
to enrich teaching of physics. Both references, and a little publicity for
phys-L, will be displayed on the first transparency of my AAPT presentation
in Phoenix next week.

Feel free to ask questions about hybrid systems, I will try to answer
them on phys-L under this thread.

HAPPY NEW YEAR Ludwik Kowalski kowalskiL@alpha.montclair.edu