electronic components

How to call a person spending too much time on a computer? CLICK-POTATO.

On 31 Dec 1996, Al wrote:

We have had good results using a computer interface to measure V vs t for
the last couple of years. We use 1% capacitors and measure R with a digital
meter. I have used it as an experimental introduction to exponental decay,
even before discussing it in class. Log(V) vs t comes very close to linear.

I also never saw a deviation from an exponential discharging of an ordinary
C through R, except when discharging it through an incandescent bulb whose
filament is very hot at the beginning. That is why the non-exponentionality
of a supercap was a surprise. By the way, the effective R*C for the light
bulb circuit is larger at the beginning and smaller at the end. This is the
opposite from the behaviour of my supercap.
Ludwik Kowalski
P.S.
No Al, I am not calling you a click-potato; the first sentence is supposed
to be humor. They said on the radio that 21,000,000 Americans used Internet
on December 30. That is not a new year's joke.