Re: a new nuclear option?

My recollection os that modern weapons designers have pared the required Plutonium down to about 5 kg. this works out to the size of a baseball,
which is another estimate i've heard.

The creibility of the article is dubious, inthat the hiroshima bomb was
a uranium bomb ( according to Goodchild's biography of oppenheimer).
Iremember reading in my childhood that THAT one contained 10kg of uranium.

db