Re: a new nuclear option?

Dewey Dykstra, Jr. wrote:

The bottom line: technologies for getting energy from plutonium exists and
burrying the unprocessed spent fuel underground is no longer the best option.
That is my opinion based on what I hear from experts. Did you know that the
are about 500 metric tons of bomb-grade plutonium in the world now. Only
about 20 kilograms (an educated guess again) is needed for a bomb.

Ludwik Kowalski

My recollection from a recent news story is that only about 13 oz were in
the bomb dropped on Hiroshima. ( <<20kg)

Dewey

I seem to recall that the Bomb dropped on Hiroshime was uranium based, the Nagisaki bomb was
plutonium based.
--
Richard Goode
Physics Teacher

"Man does not cease to play because he grows old,
Man grows old because he ceases to play."