Re: Students and Tests

Maybe, on a larger scale, to prepare them for life in the real world, where
it is generally expected that work be done right and it be done on time.
My perception is that many of today's students would not agree with this
statement. The typical course syllabus does not contain any reference
to "work habits" as one of the expected outcomes of the course. One of the
paradigm shifts that has taken place in many locations is viewing the
student as a customer.

Bruce Esser

That paradigm shift is to be lamented in my opinion.

Larry