Re: lcd display thing

At 09:33 PM 12/3/96 +0100, you wrote:
We have to get one of those lcd devices that sit on top of the OHP and let
you project the display from the computer onto the screen.
(i) What is the generally accepted name for the device?
(ii) Any suggestions as to what kind to get/not to get?

Many thanks, Mark.

I just call it an LCD panel, but what do I know?

If you can afford it, I'd recommend going a different direction. Video
projectors are now coming down in price, and can generate a much brighter image.
If you do go with the LCD panel, be aware that they require a high-lumen,
low heat projector, or you'll disable the liquid crystal.

I've never cared for working in a darkened room, and it seems to put
students into an eye-glazed trance no matter how brilliant the graphics.

Department of Physics * *
Randolph-Macon College * "Because Mathematicians frequently make *
P.O. Box 5005 * use of Time, they ought to have a *
Ashland, VA 23005-5505 * distinct Idea of the meaning of that *
* Word, otherwise they are Quacks ... " *
phone: (804) 752-7344 * - Isaac Barrow *
FAX: (804) 752-4724 * *