Re: strategic plans (arrghhhh!!!)

Joel, I'm running way late reading e-mail; however, your note that administra-
tors have too much free time on their hands is right on the mark. We have
two weeks of classes left - plus one day this week. We have been hit with
1) an all-college faculty meeting
2) a school meeting (school of math-science, etc)
3) a department meeting
4) a memo from the vice-president stating that since he wishes to call
faculty meetings at other than regular times we should CHOOSE between
4:30 - 5:30 -which afternoon? - or 6:30 - 8:30!!! We have two hours
a week designated for meetings, during which time no classes are to be
scheduled.

I'm retiring in May but still don't feel like replying to his memo the
way I want to!

Nancy Douglas
College of Agriculture & Technology
SUNY
Morrisville, NY

Nancy, I don't know how this reached John Layman at U of MD. I suspect
that it has gotten to the wrong place.
John Layman

John Layman
Science Education